Kenneth J. Soprano, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
Office Location: St. Joseph Hall, 4th flr., North Wing, SJ458
Office Phone: 215.248.7038
- Ph.D. Microbiology, NJ, 1978
- M.S. Microbiology, NJ, 1976
- A.B. Biology, College of the Holy Cross, 1974
- Biol 498: Senior Seminar in Biology
- Biol 481: Advanced Special Topics in Biology-Medical and Molecular Virology
Elucidation of the role of oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes, and cell cycle regulatory genes in mediating the ability of retinoids and vitamin A derivatives to inhibit the growth of ovarian tumer cells.
Honors, Awards, Organizational Affiliations
- Recipient, Christian R. and Mary P. Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching
- Member, Editorial Board, Molecular Biology Reports
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research
- Contributing Editor, The Women’s Oncology Review
Recent Peer Reviewed Publications
- Pickens BS, Teets BW, Soprano KJ, Soprano DR (2013). Role of COUP-TR1 during Retinoic Acid-Induced Differentiation of P19 Cells to Endodermal Cells. J Cellular Physiology 228:791-800.
- Teets BW, Soprano KJ, Soprano DR (2012). Role of SF-1 and DAX-1 during differentiation of P19 cells by retinoic acid. J Cellular Physiology 227:1501-1511.
- Purev E, Soprano DR, Soprano KJ (2011). PP2A Interaction with Rb2/p130 Mediates Translocation of Rb2/p130 into the Nucleus in all-trans-Retinoic Acid Treated Ovarian Carcinoma Cells. J Cellular Physiology 226:1027-1034.
- Acquafreda T, Nunes FD, Soprano DR, Soprano KJ (2010). Expression of homeobox genes in oral squamous cell carcinoma cell lines treated with all-trans-retinoic acid. J Cellular Biochemistry 111:1437-1444.
- Zhao J, Zhang Z, Vucetic Z, Soprano KJ, Soprano DR (2009). HACE1: A novel repressor of RAR transcriptional activity. J Cellular Biochemistry 107:482-493.
- Acquafreda T, Soprano KJ, Soprano DR (2009). GPRC5A: A potential tumor suppressor and oncogene. Cancer Biol Ther. 8:963-965.
- Radu M, Soprano KJ (2008). S10 phosphorylation of p27 mediates atRA induced growth arrest in ovarian carcinoma cell lines. J Cell Physiol 2008.
- Fields AL, Soprano DR, Soprano KJ (2008). Characterization of alterations of Rb2/p130 tumor suppressor in all-trans-retinoic acid resistant SK-OV3 ovarian carcinoma cells. J Cellular Physiology 217:1(77-85) 2008.
- Vucetic Z, Zhang Z, Zhao J, Wang F, Soprano KJ, Soprano DR (2008). Acinus-S' represses retinoic acid receptor (RAR)-regulated gene expression through interaction with the B domains of RARs. Mol Cell Biol 28:2549-2558.