Students Win Big at Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conference
Phi Beta Lambda Chapter Receives 11 Awards Amidst Tough Competition
Release Date: Friday, April 16, 2010
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Chestnut Hill College students received 11 individual and team awards while participating in the Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conference, competing against more than 300 students from 26 colleges and universities across the state to earn the honor. The following Chestnut Hill students received awards during the competition held on April 9-10 in Harrisburg, Pa.:
- Cyber Security- Anitra Babic- 1st Place
- International Business-Venancio Garcia-3rd Place
- Macroeconomics- Venancio Garcia- 2nd Place
- Sales Presentation- Laura Mraz-2nd Place
- Business Ethics- William Gardiner/Caroline Stutz – 3rd Place
- Human Resource Management- Christopher Cordaro/Joseph Nave/Megan Cammarata-2nd Place
- Web site Development-Anitra Babic/Nicholas Williams-2nd Place
“It was a phenomenal performance by the Chestnut Hill College team, considering the fierce competition and the fact that all of our award winners but one were rookies to the competition, says Robert Durney, M.B.A, club advisor and associate professor of business at the College.
Students who received first and second place awards at the Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conference will be eligible for competing at the June national conference taking place in Nashville, Tennessee. Phi Beta Lambda, the collegiate chapter of Future Business Leaders of America, is the largest student business leadership organization in the country.